Performance Details

The fifth FRAGMENTS was shown as part of the East London Printmakers 12th Exhibition.

The Triangle Gallery
SPACE, 129-131 Mare Street, Hackney, London E8 3RH

Thursday 15th July - Monday 19th July 2010

Description of the Work

FRAGMENTS is made in collaboration between Katsura Isobe, a dance artist, and Jairo Zaldua and Nicola Green, experimental printmakers. Originating from a short story, 'Diary of a Madman' by Nikolai Gogol, each artist's interpretation together creates the psycho-physical world of FRAGMENTS, which responds to the architecture of the performance space, and focuses on the experience of viewers.

This Blog

This blog has been created as part of the fifth FRAGMENTS in 2010.

The bolg is a diary of us, which attempt to establish our world by another mean, literature, which will culminate in the performance. The creative team records events and ideas from 100% first-person's point of view. How much does it communicate with you? How can you imagine what I imagine? And how do you know what is the real and what is imagination? We appreceiate your comments that would bring on two ways communication between you and us.

Tuesday 18 May 2010

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeELP

Katsura
arrived
at
our
studio
at
11am
last
F r i d a y.

We were suffering from severe lack of s l e e p and an artistic hangover.
Barely able to string a sentence together,
we
did
however,
reveal our secret weapon for the installation.
Katsura said the design would be like 'dancing with air'
New possibilities and complications sprang up, simultaneously.
We
talked
about
moving
forward,
not repeating the paper chamber of our last excursion.

The project has altered and so will the experience of the audience.
Assistance is needed to help actualise the development of our project and so we ask with hope and gratitude for whoever can come forward.
Is there anyone who wants to join us??????????

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me!

I wrote this in a record time!!

Anonymous said...

Now the ironic thing is that since I wear a superman t-shirt and yellow belt, not to mention, red boots and matching red jacket (blue jeans completing my urban take on the costume), I must decline in flying to your cries for help guys :(

I do however like the idea and provided you could send me more pictures...i could mention it in my Weekly newsletter? It will give my readers a break from the main stimulus of the words within being very....well how do I put it?

Me, me, me?

Spiderfingers xx

Unknown said...

I would like to repeat 'experience of the audience' from the post.

This is what matters to us in the project, and what makes the project unique (we are trying).

This blog is part of the attempt to involve people in our activities. What you write here will affect us, the creative team, and so others.

Hey, you! Don't be shy. Don't think twice.
Leave some comments here.

This is the beginning to chance someone, and eventually the world would be changed in your favour.

Unknown said...

And thanks so much for two offers of help we have received.

I am deeply impressed that actually some people consider our crying out.

We do appreciated it and do hope to keep the dialogue with you for the possibilities.

We really make it happen!

Marie Kazalia said...

I am too far away to offer physical assistance, but will say relax and allow the flow to happen UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUthis is flowingUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Unknown said...

Dear Marie,

I don't know where you are but it is amazing that we can receive your support in this way on the blog.

I don't know if we should be relaxed and let things happen with their flow, as the clock is ticking and there are so many things to sort out! I mean creative side will come with flow with no doubt for us, but administrative side is our weakness. But anyway I would say Jairo to relax in any case... you know what I mean.